A data-driven website that tracks racial and social metrics in New York City.
EquityNYC breaks down NYC’s wellbeing along 45 social indicators — like air quality, access to mental health care, and economic security — to show how well the city serves its constituents. These metrics provide transparency into who the city serves, where services are located, who the city employs, who receives city contracts, and how the city promotes equity internally. From these data points, the city can identify and address disparities.
For this project, we partnered with NYC Opportunity to deliver the UX, design, development, and data visualization.
“EquityNYC is part of the City’s commitment to promoting racial and social equity. A key part of this commitment is to identify disparities so policies can be developed to address them.”
Helping the City apply evidence and innovation to increase equity
- Summit International Award / Bronze / Government Website
- Webby Awards / Honoree / Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Anthem Award / Silver / DEI – Digital & Innovative Experiences
- W3 Awards / Gold / Local Government
- Communicator Award of Excellence / Social Responsibility
- Davey Awards / Silver / DEI
- Davey Awards / Gold / Government