Python Technical Architect
Blenderbox is actively seeking a Python expert that will lead our technical product initiatives.
We seek a new trusted teammate that shares our passion for mission-driven work and recognizes the value of modern software development practices. The ideal candidate will be well-accomplished and eager to embrace a healthy challenge.
We design experiences and build products for mission-driven organizations. You will have an opportunity to make an impact on a variety of initiatives. Your primary focus will be on EnrollWise, our flagship product. EnrollWise is a best-in-class admissions and enrollment platform for public school districts that empowers families to make informed decisions and allows schools to perform fair and equitable student placements. We are actively expanding the EnrollWise product line.
Cross-functional collaboration is key at Blenderbox. The proper candidate will thrive working within agile, cross-functional teams and proactively contribute subject matter expertise.
This is a full-time US-based remote position. The majority of your work will be focused on front-end and back-end engineering, code reviews, and technical planning.
At Blenderbox, we operate within a system of transparency and open communication that accelerates progress and allows for a healthy work / life balance.
You will be working with talented people that are forward-thinking and compassionate.
- Translate complex functional, technical, and business requirements into efficient and scalable software designs by taking into account time and financial constraints.
- Collaborate closely with UX / UI Designers and advise on technical feasibility of proposed design approaches.
- Provide technical oversight of product delivery, from initial scoping, architecture to hands-on feature execution.
- Contribute technical expertise in key client meetings and communications.
- Help define and enforce quality engineering standards.
- Provide strong thought leadership on emerging technologies.
- Conduct internal training in areas in which you specialize.
- 2+ years of experience in a technical leadership role.
- 5+ years of hands-on production experience with Python and Django framework.
- Experience developing SaaS products.
- Experience with Decoupled architectures.
- Experience building and integrating performant and secure APIs.
- Strong familiarity with the AWS ecosystem.
- Experience building microservices while leveraging the AWS ecosystem.
- Solid grasp of application security and performance optimization techniques.
- Deep understanding of software architecture patterns and concepts.
- Ability to write scalable, reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Proactive and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Stellar problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- US Citizen or authorized to work in the US.
Nice to have
- Experience with NoSQL database backends.
- Familiarity with Lucene-based search backends (e.g. SOLR, ElasticSearch).
- Experience configuring and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with other programming languages.
What we offer
- Full coverage for Health Care, Dental, Vision
- FSA, HSA coverage options
- 401K & Pension Plan with employer contributions of at least 5%
- 20 days of PTO, 11 Holidays, 5 Wellness Days
- Home office improvement budget
- Career growth and professional development coaching / support
- Company-provided laptop
- 100% virtual work environment – all team members are remote
$125k – $170k
For time and capacity reasons, we can only respond to successful candidates. Thank you for understanding.
No recruiters, please.